DFMCheck converts the object structure of all DFM files that are used in the project file to a *.pas unit. This special unit is then sent to the compiler which will fail if there are components in the DFM file that are missing in the corresponding form/frame/datamodul class. The plugin does not check for missing properties or events. Only the class names are checked.
DFMCheck installs two new menu items into the Project menu.
Check DFM files:
Generates the special unit, adds it to the *.dpr file, compiles the project and removes the special unit from the *.dpr file.
Open/Close all forms:
Opens all forms one by one to keep GDI Handle usage low. With this function you can find missing properties and events. But it will take some time for large projects.
Command line tool DFMCheck.exe
The DFMCheck.exe is a command line tool that generates a Project_DfmCheck_Unit.pas and copies the project file to <Project>_DfmCheck.[dpr/cfg/dproj]. This allows a build script to invoke the compiler on the DfmCheck project to verify the correctness of DFM files.
Supported C++Builder/Delphi Versions:
Delphi/C++Builder 5, 6
Delphi 7, 2005
|DFMCheck 1.6||5-10.3||DfmCheckSetup16.7z||717.43 KB||2800 times||2018-12-08|
For Delphi/C++Builder 2009 you must install IDEFixPack. Otherwise DFMCheck runs into an IDE dead lock.
- 2018-12-08: Version 1.6
- Added: 10.3 Rio support (recompile only, no other changes)
- 2017-04-09: Version 1.6
- Added: 10.2 Tokyo support (recompile only, no other changes)
- 2016-05-28: Version 1.6
- Added: 10.1 Berlin support (recompile only, no other changes)
- 2016-01-25: Version 1.6
- Added: “Yes To All” button for “Open/Close all forms”
- Added: Taskbar progress for “Open/Close all forms” (Vista+)
- 2014-04-17: Version 1.5
- Added: XE6 support (recompile only, no other changes)
- 2013-11-01: Version 1.5
- Added: XE5 support (recompile only, no other changes)
- 2012-07-28: Version 1.5
- Added: XE2, XE3 support (recompile only, no other changes)
- 2011-05-05: Version 1.5
- Fixed: Finding “Connected = True” in the DFM isn’t an error anymore
- Added: DFMCheck.exe command line tool for build scripts
- 2011-03-14: Version 1.41
- Fixed out of memory bug
- Added: Support for RAD Studio 2010/XE
- 2009-01-18: Version 1.4
- Added: “Open and close all files” now asks the user to save the changes.
- 2008-11-10: Version 1.3
- Added: Support for Delphi 2009 (requires IDE Fix Pack 2.1)